WHAT IS CYDECTIN® EWEGUARD SE B12?
- Contains moxidectin – the most potent ML
- Broad spectrum roundworm control
- At least 21 days persistent activity against barber’s pole worm
- Up to 21 days persistent activity against small brown stomach worm
- Ideal for highly contaminated pastures
- Contains 6-in-1 vaccine
- Contains vitamin B12
- Contains selenium
The treatment of ewes 3-4 weeks prior to lambing to aid in:
- Worm control
- Boost protection against clostridial diseases and cheesy gland
- Top-up essential nutrients
WHY CHOOSE CYDECTIN EWEGUARD SE B12?
- Contains moxidectin
Moxidectin is the most potent member of the macrocyclic lactone (ML) family of drenches, meaning it can kill worms resistant to ivermectin and abamectin.
Contains 6 in 1 vaccine
- CYDECTIN EWEGUARD SE B12 is a convenient combination of moxidectin, five clostridial disease and cheesy gland antigens. It is ideal for times when ewes or other sheep need a drench and vaccine at the same time.
- Contains selenium
Selenium deficiency can suppress the animal’s immune system, as well as cause ill thrift, infertility, reduced production and white muscle disease.
Contains vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 deficiency occurs where intake of cobalt from pasture and soil is low. It can cause a number of clinical signs including loss of appetite, decreased growth rates, weight loss, watery ocular discharge and anaemia.
- Broad spectrum parasite control
CYDECTIN EWEGUARD SE B12 is highly effective against all major internal parasites that are susceptible to an ML drench, including gastrointestinal roundworms and large lungworm. These worms reduce overall productivity, especially in young animals. Weight gains and wool growth can be significantly reduced. CYDECTIN EWEGUARD SE B12 also controls itch mite and nasal bot.
- Persistent activity
CYDECTIN EWEGUARD SE B12 prevents reinfection with barber’s pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) for not less than 21 days, with Ostertagia (Teladorsagia) circumcincta for up to 21 days and Trichostrongylus colubriformis and Cooperia curticei for not less than 7 days. Persistent activity is important when there is significant pasture contamination, as it can delay the need for subsequent drenching.
CYDECTIN EWEGUARD SE B12 has a wide margin of safety when used as recommended, and is readily accepted by sheep. It can be safely used concurrently with other treatments including mineral supplements (not selenium) and fluke treatments.
- Moxidectin 5g/L
- C. pseudotuberculosis 1.0 U/mL – cheesy gland
- CI. perfringens type D 5.0 IU/mL – enterotoxaemia
- CI. chauvoei EP IU/mL – blackleg
- CI. septicum 2.5 IU/mL – malignant oedema
- CI. novyi type B 3.5 IU/mL – black disease
- CI. tetani 2.5 IU/mL – tetanus
- Selenium 1mg/mL (as sodium selenate)
- Vitamin B12 1mg/mL
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- CYDECTIN EWEGUARD SE B12 must be injected subcutaneously.
- For animals 37 to 50 kg liveweight give 2 mL subcutaneously
- For animals 51-62 kg liveweight give 2.5 mL subcutaneously
- For animals 63-75 kg liveweight give 3 mL subcutaneously
- For animals above this weight, administer at the rate of 1 mL/25 kg